Initial Certificate for Idaho Graduates
The information below is for individuals who have completed an Educator Preparation Program at an Idaho college/university and are seeking their initial Idaho certificate. Check with your college/university prior to application to see if you need to apply directly through the college of education.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to have all required certification materials submitted. In an effort to expedite the process, applicants may submit all required materials in one packet. An application will not be processed until all materials have been received.
A completed initial packet must include the following items:
- Checks and money order are to be made payable to the State Department of Education (SDE)
- Credit cards are not accepted at this time
- Payment is non-refundable
- Cash in the exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins
If you completed an SDE Background Investigation Check with your college or university in order to complete Student Teaching within three (3) years of application for Certification an additional BIC is not required. If you are unsure of the status of your BIC, please call (208) 332-6883.
- Official transcripts must verify certification and endorsement areas
- Official transcripts may be opened by the applicant as long as they are printed on the institution’s original security paper
- Please include transcripts with your packet in order to expedite your application
- If transcripts are not included with your packet, please note in your application whether you are sending them electronically or by mail
- Transcripts will not be accepted until two weeks after the application is received as we cannot link them to your application until it is received
- Official transcripts sent electronically/faxed directly from the university/college are acceptable
- The university/college may send electronic transcripts directly to email@example.com
- Form must be completed by the College of Education at the applicant’s university
- Form must verify completion of an:
- Idaho Certification Program
- Out-of-State NCATE/TEAC/CAEP approved program
- A photocopy is acceptable
Mail complete packet to:
State Department of Education
Attn: Teacher Certification
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
No content available.