Educator Career Fair banner

Be an Educator

Completion of an educator preparation program (college/university or non-traditional program) is required in order to teach in Idaho. There are variety of educator preparation programs, approved in Idaho, which include college and university as well as non-traditional programs. For more information regarding certification, visit our Certification page.

An out-of-state educator preparation program may be used as long as the program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) or the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). An individual who completes an out-of-state, non-CAEP and non-AAQEP accredited educator preparation program is required to obtain certification in the state that has approved the program. The individual can then apply to Idaho as an out-of-state applicant.

There are district/charter Alternative Authorization options and non-traditional programs that lead to certification that allow a candidate to be the teacher of record while completing a certification program. For additional information about non-traditional programs, please access the dropdown below. For information regarding the district/charter Alternative Authorization options, visit the Alternative Authorizations page.

The Become a CTE Educator web page will provide information for individuals who would like to obtain a Career and Technical type of certificate to instruct students in various technical and career-related subjects, such as information technology, healthcare, business, culinary arts, diesel technology, and more.

Employment opportunities may be found on the following sites or the individual district/charter school site:

Idaho Educator Preparation Programs