The special education team ensures the implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). To achieve this, we provide guidance and resources to our state's educators so they can focus on the vital work of providing all Idaho's students with disabilities the opportunity to learn, grow, and reach their potential.
Through collaboration with our education partners, we provide a framework that allows our students and their families to experience the meaningful and quality education all students deserve.
NEW GUIDANCE FOR SCHOOLS IN SUPPORTING
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES AND AVOIDING
DISCRIMINATORY USE OF DISCIPLINE
The U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) have released new guidance to help schools support students with disabilities and avoid discriminatory use of discipline as follows
- Updated: July 22, 2022
- Letter from Secretary Cardona
- OSEP Implementation of IDEA Discipline Provisions
- Q&A: Addressing the Needs of Children with Disabilities and IDEA's Discipline Provisions
- Positive, Proactive Approaches to Supporting the Needs of Children with Disabilities
- Supporting Students with Disabilities and Avoiding the Discriminatory Use of Student Discipline
- Fact Sheet
- Discipline Guidance Summary