Further Processed USDA Foods
USDA Foods further processing allows State distributing agencies (SDA) and recipient agencies (RA) such as school districts to contract with commercial food processors to convert raw and/or bulk USDA Foods into a variety of convenient, ready-to-use end products.
Benefits of participating in Further Processing:
- Stretch USDA Foods dollars by ordering bulk products at lower-cost
- Improves food safety by limiting handling of raw product in school foodservice operations
- Reduced labor costs and cash outlays for food preparation
- Reduces storage and delivery costs
- Bulk USDA Foods are delivered directly from USDA vendors to contracted processor(s)
Processed Foods Information
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.