English Learner Program
The Idaho English Learner (EL) Program assists school districts with federal and state requirements of English Language Learners (ELLs). We help districts create, implement, and maintain development programs that provide equal learning opportunities for ELLs. Our goal is to develop curricula and teaching strategies that embrace each learner’s unique identity to help break down barriers that prevent ELLs from succeeding in school.
WIDA English Language Proficiency Standards were adopted by the Idaho State Board of Education on August 16, 2012. These standards create a framework to make connections to the Idaho Content Standards.
Regulations, Rights, & Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.
Requesting Professional Development for District's Charters with English Learners
For training, please visit the District/Charter PD Request for EL/Title III.
English Learner Bootcamp Modules
- Week 1: Identification and Screening
- Week 2: EL Program Foundations
- Week 3:Title III and ESSA
- Week 4: LIEPs and Staffing
- Week 5: EL Data Repporting
- Week 6: ELs, Instructional Supports and Accommodations
- Week 7: Exiting and Monitoring ELs
- Week 8: ELs in Statewide Assessments
- Week 9: Parental Rights and Involvement
- Week 10: EL Potpourri