Revision of an Idaho Certificate
If new certificates and/or endorsements need to be added to an existing Idaho credential, revisions can be made at any time during the five (5)-year period of the credential.
If revisions or additions to an Idaho credential are requested at the time the credential is being renewed, the revisions or additions can be made at no cost, provided the applicant meets current standards.
To make a revision to your certificate, a complete packet must include:
1. Completed and signed application Form B1.
2. Revision Fee
- The fee is $25
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to State Department of Education. Credit cards are not accepted. Payment is non-refundable. Cash in exact amount will be accepted for walk-ins.
3. Official transcripts supporting the revision, if not already on file
4. Institutional Recommendations as required
- This form must be completed by the College of Education at your university.
5. Completed Professional Experience Report, if required.
- Complete Form B6 – Professional Experience Report
- Professional experience gained while holding a teaching certificate is the only experience accepted. Experience gained while student teaching and/or substituting is not accepted
- Applicants for an Administrator Certificate are required to verify a minimum of four (4) years of certificated experience in a K-12 setting.
6. Mentor and Evaluator Checklists are required if you are a completer of American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), Teach for America (TFA), or an Alternative Authorization (Pathway 1 or Pathway 2).
7. Official PRAXIS II assessment score sheet or photocopy, if required
- If you have your PRAXIS II score sent directly to the SDE, you will still need to send a printed copy as we are unable to accept electronic scores at this time
- PRAXIS II scores are only required for Standard Elementary, Standard Secondary, and Early Childhood Education.
- PRAXIS II scores are not needed for administrators or pupil personnel services.
Upon completion of the above-noted items and verification that all requirements for the certificate or endorsement are met, the applicant will receive a revised certificate/credential.
Mail completed application materials to:
State Department of Education
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.