Notice of Public Comment
Notice to the public and local education agencies (LEAs) is made of the Idaho State Department of Education’s intent to apply to the U.S. Department of Education for waiver flexibility under the 2019-2021 ESSA Federal Program Allocations.
In light of the continued disruption to learning caused by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) during the national emergency declared by the President under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, the U. S. Department of Education is offering flexibility under section 8401(b) of the ESEA.
The Idaho State Department of Education has opened a 21-day public comment window in preparation for requesting that the U.S. Department of Education allow the state to extend 2019-2021 federal funds through September 30, 2022 under the Every Student Succeeds Act for:
- Title I-A Improving Basic Programs
- Title I School Improvement Section 1003
- Title I-C Education of Migratory Children
- Migrant Education Coordination Program
- Title I-C ID&R Coordinator
- Title I-D Delinquent Subpart 1
- Title I-D Neglected & Delinquent Subpart 2
- Title II-A Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III Emergency Immigrant
- Title III-A English Language Acquisition
- Title IV-A Student Support & Academic Enrichment
- Title V-B Rural Education Initiative
- Title IX-A Education for the Homeless
The U.S. Department of Education requires that prior to submitting the waiver request, each State must provide the public, including LEAs, notice of the waiver request and a reasonable opportunity to comment.
Please submit your comments using this online form or by mail to Idaho Department of Education, Attn. Karen Seay, 650 W. State St, Boise 83702. All comments must be received by 5 p.m. (MST) April 1, 2021.