The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund includes the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (March 27, 2020), the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act, 2021 (December 27, 2020), and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021 (March 11, 2021). The LEA is responsible for operating its categorical programs in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The SDE must monitor the activities of the sub recipient as necessary to ensure that the sub award is used for authorized purposes, in compliance with federal statutes, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the sub award and that sub award performance goals are achieved (2 CFR 200.332(d)).
The Idaho State Department of Education Federal Programs ESSER Monitoring provides technical assistance to LEAs and ensures schools are meeting federal requirements.
- 2022-2023 ESSER Monitoring Timeline
- 2022-2023 ESSER Tool for LEAs
- ESSER Monitoring 2022-2023
- ESSER Monitoring 2023-2024
- ESSER Monitoring 2024-2025
- Group 1ESSER Monitoring
- Group 2ESSER Monitoring
- LEA Action Plan Report Template
- LEA Exit Report Template (Action Plan Approved)
- LEA Exit Report Template (No Findings or Action Plan)
- LEA Findings Report Template
Frequently Asked Questions
No content available.