Exhibitors (Idaho Districts/Charters)
Idaho Public Schools: Recruit Teachers at an Educator Career Fair
Each year the SDE hosts teacher-recruitment career fairs across Idaho and invites school districts and charter schools to exhibit, at no charge, at any of the fairs. Participating school districts and charter schools must register in advance using the form on this page.
In conjunction with the regional career fairs, the department invites district and school administrators, business managers, ISEE coordinators and HR managers to participate in Certification Training for School Leaders. This three-hour, no-cost training will be held in conjunction with the regional Educator Career Fairs. While districts and charter schools are encouraged to participate as exhibitors at the fairs, it is not required if you wish to attend this valuable training. To learn more about this and other training opportunities please visit our events calendar.
What to expect:
- You’ll meet career changers, currently credentialed educators and individuals endeavoring to become teachers.
- The career fairs run from 5pm to 7pm.
- The SDE will market the regional career fairs online, via email, news releases and on social media.
- The SDE will provide your school district or charter school with the registration list of prospective applicants.
How to prepare:
- Print this “Educator Career Fair – Teach in Idaho” flyer and distribute it widely on public bulletin boards in your community.
- Put the career fair on your school calendars, and reach out to other community organizations and ask them to do the same.
- Bring a list of your vacant positions – teaching and otherwise.
- If you communicate regularly with parents via newsletters, let them know about the career fair – you may be surprised to find just how many people are considering a career change.
- Collect and organize the marketing materials, including job applications, you’ll need at the career fair to show how great it is to work in your schools.
- We provide a table and two chairs for participating school districts and charter schools; you are invited to start setting up your table at 4pm.