The annual Holiday Card Contest is an opportunity for Idaho students to showcase their artwork and for the state to recognize the importance of arts in education.
The contest is open to all public school students in grades K-6. One drawing will be selected to be published on the State Department of Education’s website and used as the Department’s holiday greeting card. The student who submits the selected artwork will receive cards for his or her own use. The Department also awards grade-level winners.
Here are the guidelines for the 2016 Holiday Card Contest:
- The contest is open to public school students in grades K-6.
- Drawings should reflect holiday or winter scenes in Idaho appropriate for seasonal correspondence, and should not include copyrighted images such as Garfield the Cat, Bugs Bunny, Digimon characters, etc.
- Drawings should be on 11” x 8.5” paper (landscape format).
- Drawings must be properly labeled. Write the name of the student, the student’s grade, district, school, and the teacher’s name on the back of the artwork. Please make sure this information is legible. (If you submit multiple grade levels, please keep the entries for each grade level separate.)
- Students may use as many colors as they wish in their drawings and may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, or some combination. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Too many details tend to get lost in the design. Bold colors work best for the printing process. Please note: Fabric designs and pencil drawings are not suitable to our printing process and will not be selected.
- Students must be advised that entry into this contest constitutes (1) a waiver of all copyrights students have in their entries, and (2) permission to republish entries without compensation.
- Drawings will not be returned.
- The winning entries from each grade level will be published on the Idaho State Department of Education website.
- Results will be announced in December.
Submissions must be postmarked by Friday, November 11, 2016. Please mail to the Holiday Card Contest point of contact.
2016 Holiday Card Contest Winners
- Kylee Thiel
- 5TH Grade
- Sawtooth Elementary School
- Twin Falls School District
6th GRADE WINNER
- Kailey Rose Billington
- Compass Public Charter School
- Compass School District
4th GRADE WINNER
- Emma Ineck
- Idaho Distance Education Academy
- White Pine School District
3rd GRADE WINNER
- Sara Lisonbee
- Indian Creek Elementary
- Kuna School District
2nd GRADE WINNER
- Harper Morrison
- Orchards Elementary School
- Lewiston School District
1st GRADE WINNER
- Gabby Cannon
- Summerwind Elementary
- West Ada School District
- Addy Coats
- McSorley Elementary School
- Lewiston School District